Saturday 18 June 2011

Excerpt from a short script called "Stories at Midnight".

This is a short screenplay and would be approx 10 minutes long. It is a conversation between a tramp and a drag-queen.


A Tramp sits at the bus shelter. He is dirty and his clothes are
stained with dirt and other such materials. He has two full
black bin bags at his feet and a small duffel-bag on his
lap. He is clutching the duffel-bag to his chest and appears
to be asleep.

TRAMP
(V.O)
My name is Noah L. Osborne. I am
42, even though I appear much
older. I am a tramp. A down and
out. Some would even call me a bum.

A Drag-queen quietly sits down next to the tramp. He sniffs
and pulls a tissue out of his clutch bag. He blows his nose
and drops the tissue onto the floor.

The drag-queen sighs and looks at the Tramp, who is looking
at him.

DRAG-QUEEN
Sorry, hunny. Did I wake you?

TRAMP
No. I was already awake.

DRAG-QUEEN
I’m Sugar-Snatch.

TRAMP
Noah.

They both sit in silence. The Drag-Queen sniffs again.

TRAMP
Do you have a cold?

DRAG-QUEEN
No. Not really.

TRAMP
Then what’s wrong?

DRAG-QUEEN
Nothing. I’m just having a
conversation with a smelly tramp.

TRAMP
Thanks.

DRAG-QUEEN
I’m sorry. I’ve had a rough night.

There is a twist at the end of the story, that I hope nobody would guess. :)
If you want to find out more about this script you can leave a comment and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Caroline x

No comments:

Post a Comment